Brief talk about the smart sensors and some of their applications to be used in the modern homes. Read the blog to know more!!
Smart sensors today are taking a place in real life due to the numerous benefits of these sensors such as motion sensors, temperature sensors, and door sensors Various applications that we can use sensors where precise measurements are critical, such as industrial process control, environmental monitoring as well as in the daily routine task. Smart sensors can automate many tasks that would otherwise require manual intervention, such as monitoring and adjusting temperature or lighting levels in a house or office. This can result in significant energy savings and increased efficiency. Similarly, a smart temperature sensor can adjust heating or cooling systems based on real-time temperature data.
PIR Sensor and It’s Applications
Most motion detectors are passive infrared sensors (PIR sensors), and they detect any motion by sensing the infrared energy emitted from a warm body. Motion sensors can work either by Wi-Fi or by ZigBee protocol.
You will need to do some experimentation to work out the best place to put your motion sensors, depending on the type of automation you want to create. If you want the lights to turn on automatically when you come into the house. It may be as easy as placing one of the motion sensors on the table in your hallway facing the front door.
By using the smart sensors, you will be able to create routines that are triggered when motion is detected by one of these devices; you can do some basic things like turn on certain lights, set reminders out loud or notify you on your phone. You can do more complex automations like If-This-Then-That (IFTTT) conditions. In addition, you can pair your motion sensors to directly to the home assistant to do more powerful automation!
· You can use your motion sensors, for home security as when motion is detected, security camera will take a shot and send it back to your phone.
· You could also use motion sensors and automations to turn on other devices even if they are not smart devices through using smart plugs, you can make the link.
· You can make the entry lighting automatic, so that when somebody walks to the front door, the lights just come on.
· Another great application is using the motion sensor under the bed for night-time pathway lighting, so when you need to get up and go to the bathroom in the night, the lights will turn on.
· When someone is entering the outdoor pathway -yard-, the motion is detected, and lights turned on during night and you can apply it for multiple locations using multiple sensors for the same purpose.
· Motion sensor can be used to turn on the lights in a walk-in closet, so when a person walks-in the closet, lights come on, and when walks-out, lights go off.
Those are a few of many applications where a motion sensor can be used. Motion sensors allows you to automate your home by sticking the PIR sensor at the right place and linking it with your smartphone to make some tasks automatically, so you will save a lot of effort and time.
Contact Sensor and It’s Applications
Contact sensor can be used mainly for doors. So, when you open the door the contact sensor will send signal to the light to be turned on. A door contact sensor works using a sensor and a magnet. The sensor has an internal reed switch that is closed when it is is direct proximity with a magnet. When the door is opened, the magnet is separated from the sensor. This releases the reed switch, and the sensor alerts the panel.
· Door contacts are some of the most popular sensors used with security systems. These are the best devices for setting a system so that you can know whenever a door has been opened.
· Contact sensors can used mainly for doors. You can use the contact sensor to turn the outside lights when the exterior door is opened at night.
· Contact sensors also can be used with closet door like when the door is opened, the lights will automatically turn on, and vice versa.
· You can use the contact sensor on the refrigeration door. So, when the door is opened, Alexa will notify you that the door is open and left open or not.
Normally, contact sensors are faster in communication with lights than PIR sensor. Contact sensors can be used in different application to allow certain tasks to be done at home automatically. Some of users put the smart PIR sensor in a way for security purposes to know if there is anyone trying to steal their houses!
Temperature & Humidity & Light Sensor and It’s Applications
This is one of the most sales sensors due to the multi-function feature. This feature allows you to control and monitor your smart home even when you are on board!! We can name this device as a 3-in-1 sensor that is very important to use in your house for a better & comfortable environment. This type of sensors has temperature sensor, Humidity sensor and brightness sensor.
The main application of this sensor: -
· It is common to use this sensor in the house hall, bedrooms, and rest rooms to make sure the temperature is within the acceptable level (you can control the limits) even if you are away from your home!!
· Best humidity level in the house must be within 30-60% and you can use to limits and link the smart sensor with the smart humidifier to enjoy the minutes with your family.
· The brightness sensor in this device can be linked with the lighting in your room to be controlled automatically depending on lighting intensity in the place.
· Linking this sensor with a smart curtain will make a big difference in your smart house. i.e., if the lighting intensity is not enough, the curtain will be opened automatically during daytime.
· This sensor is very effective and most of the people are putting the sensor in the birds’ rooms to monitor the weather & environment and control the devices automatically based on the set points of the sensor as it is controlled by the end user, which helps in maintaining an appropriate condition for the birds.
It is a great chance for you to buy T&H&L smart sensors which can assist you in auto control for the temperature, humidity as well as the light brightness level. In addition to that, you can control the smart curtains and link them with the Light sensor that built in the device for smart control, i.e.: the curtain will be opened automatically once the sun raise to the brightness level in the room reached to a selected level and can be closed the same.
Overall, smart sensors offer a range of benefits over traditional sensors, including improved accuracy, increased efficiency, remote monitoring and control, and enhanced functionality. Moreover, the smart sensors can collect data/information and with the help of Artificial Intelligence AI, this data could be analyzed to give several feedback/actions to other smart devices.